Home > News/Articles > Update and Website
Update and Website
Posted: October 21st, 2017 @ 11:27am
Dear Military Vehicle Enthusiasts:
You may be receiving this for the first time as I have finally been able to get an expert to work this website correctly. You may have signed up to receive emails from this website a long time ago. Finally, we are getting our act together.
I want to tell you about our big upcoming event. You will see the details in the calendar, but we are having a work day Saturday, October 28 starting at 10 am at the VFW Post (see address below). Please contact me if you are able to help. We are going to install a hydraulic system on the guided missile to enable the gantry to raise and lower. I hope to clean out the fox holes, remove the fallen trees and other forest debris that has accumulated on our trail ride. We are going to bring the kitchen trailer and open it up to facilitate our food service. In the meantime, I have secured a proper title and license plate for the kitchen trailer and working on an inspection sticker for the flatbed trailer. We are going to have to purchase six new tires at $120 a piece to pass inspection. I think it is worth it because the long term plan has been to have a reliable means of moving the M-20 to more remote events.
· 3rd Annual Trucks and Tanks at VFW Post 10657 - 11568 Cedar Ln, Ashland, VA 23005: Saturday, November 4: 9 am – 6 pm
o We are going all out this time and it will not conflict with Veteran’s Day. I encourage every member to attend and bring a vehicle to display.
· Olde Time Holiday Parade Ashland, VA: Sunday, November 19: 1 pm
· Richmond Parade for the Virginia War Memorial: Saturday, December 2
· Mechanicsville Christmas Parade: Sunday, December 3
· Christmas Mother Toy Drive at Walmart with Patrick Henry High School JROTC: Sunday, December 3: 12 pm – 6 pm